* What does it mean to “be yourself”?
* If you were to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
* In what situations do you feel you are not yourself?
* Action item: ask two people you know well to describe you in three words. Do their words match yours?
* Today’s quote is in honor of my father, who would have been celebrating his 104th birthday today. I treasure his memory and the incredible lessons he taught me. What has your father taught you that guides you today?
* How can (or do) you pass that teaching on?
“Winning is important to me, but what brings me real joy is the experience of being fully engaged in whatever I am doing.”
– Coach Phil Jackson
* Name three things that bring you real joy. What makes these things so special to you?
* Do you have activities that put you “in the zone” where time flies by and you are fully engaged? What are they?
* How often do you allow yourself to partake of these things? If your answer is “not often”, take a moment to examine what gets in the way.
*How can you make more time to engage your full self? Where can you fit in just a few minutes of these activities today?
Dipping Deeper post for the week of July 15. What are your thoughts?
“Being rich means having money; being wealthy means having time.”
– Margaret Bonnan
* What is your reaction to this quote?
* If you had all the time time and all the money you needed (notice I said needed, not wanted) what would you do in your life?
* How does this differ from the way you live now and how you spend your time?
* What, from what you listed above, can you do honestly do now? What is holding you back?
The first Dipping Deeper quote of June. Want to receive weekly quotes with reflective questions? Contact me at email@example.com and I will add you to my subscriber list.
“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.”
-St Catherine of Siena
* How do you discover who God meant you to be?
* Reflect on your answer to the first question. Are you currently that person or working to be? How do you know?
* How will you complete the work that still needs to be done?
* “Setting the world on fire” is a pretty huge statement. When you are the person God intended you to be, how will the world be different/better?
As we enter the week of Memorial Day, here is the Dipping Deeper quote for the week of May 27. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
* What is “pretended” patriotism? Does it exist today?
* We just celebrated a remembrance day for those who died for this country. Would you? How do you show your love of country?
* Has the word “patriot” been hijacked by special interests? What does it mean to be a patriot?
Below is the Dipping Deeper quote for the week of May 12. I’ve added my thoughts in answer to the questions. I’d love you to add yours.
* Last Sunday was Mother’s Day. What did you do to make your mother smile (whether or not she was there to see you)?
* What did/does your mom still correct you about? Is she right?
* What is the best thing your mother ever taught you? Have you told her? Do it, tell her. Go pick up the phone (or whisper it to the air).
* How would your children, especially if they are grown, respond to this quote and these questions?